Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching and the calories are climbing! According to the U.S. Calorie Control Council, the average person consumes a day’s worth of calories during the big game. Today, we are featuring a staff favorite baked chicken wing recipe – with a twist.
- Vodka, red wine, or rum (any brand is fine) – 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed is best- avoid seeds) – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 5 tablespoons ho
- Olive Oil (rosemary infused is great) – Baron’s Market – 1/3 cup
- Garlic (fresh preferred – powder okay) – 3 table spoons (fresh) or 1 table spoon if using powder
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings (clean with cold water, lime and white vinegar prior)
- Thai Basil (powder is okay) – 2 tablespoons worth
- Pre-heat oven to420 degrees
- Clean your chicken (very important) – use a large bowl, soak for 10 min, wash off until water is somewhat clear (no blood) Drain all liquids completely.
- Prep a bake and roast pan with wax paper or foil
- Mix your ingredients in a separate large bowl and whisk
- Dip your chicken in the liquid mix bowl
- Transfer chicken to your bake and roast pan
- Insert your pan in the center of the oven
- Bake for 20 min., check and turn your wings, insert for another 20 min or as desired
Note: This is not crispy chicken wing recipe.