Salmon With A Twist
By: MyFitnessPal | Cooking Light
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce with garlic (such as Hokan; certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
- 3/4 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Coconut Oil
Side of String Beans
- You can use frozen string beans, but we prefer fresh string beans from the farmers market
- Pinch off end stems or sharp points and discard trash (fresh string beans only)
- Clean them using cold water
- Pre-boil water, and add string beans (sauce pan or wok is perfect) – 5-8 mins. or as desired.
Note: The gravy from the fish will work well with the greens.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; brush half of chili sauce mixture over fillets. Place fillets, skin sides down, on a baking sheet coated with coconut oil. Broil fish 5 minutes; brush with remaining chili sauce mixture. Broil 2 more minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Now Plate Your Food – Eating time!
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 fillet
Per serving: Calories: 282; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 94mg; Sodium: 315mg; Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 34g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 847mg; Iron: 9%; Vitamin A: 5%; Vitamin C: 3%; Calcium: 2%